Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Baby Knox's Birthday

On April 26, after 40 long weeks of pregnancy, our sweet Baby Knox made us a family. I wanted to share his birth story because I always hear horror stories from women who have an induced birth, but my experience was the complete opposite. Now I know that this is my first baby and my first delivery so I really have nothing to compare it to, but in my opinion Knox's birthday was a wonderful day.


At my 28 week sono we discovered that Knox was a little big for his gestational age. We began monitoring him and discussing birth options. I had another sono at 35 and 39 weeks and Knox was still measuring big. My Dr. and I discussed all of our options and after lots of talking we decided to go with an induction instead of a C-Section. I was very nervous about this decision because we knew that Knox would be somewhere between 8 1/2 and 9 pounds and my Dr. told me all of the risks and things that could happen while delivering a 9 pound baby. I am so glad that we decided against the C-Section. Knox's birth was definitely a life experience that I would have hated to miss.




We checked in to the hospital on Friday night and they inserted cervadil to soften my cervix. We were set to start the induction at 6am. I didn't sleep at all that night. I was anxious, nervous, cramping, and the bed was SO uncomfortable. I think I maybe slept an hour the whole night. My Mom, Dad, and Sister showed up bright and early that morning, they did not want to miss a single thing. The cervadil really got things going on it's own and I was having contractions. I started feeling nauseous and light headed so they gave me some medicine and began giving me fluids through my IV. Around 10:00 I received my epidural and it was smooth sailing from there.




It was not a quick labor process but it was all worth it. After pushing for 2 hours Baby Knox finally entered the world. The first time I saw his face I thought he looked like his Daddy. I couldn't wait to hear how much he weighed and he screamed his head off until they finally brought him back to his momma. Daddy put his first diaper on him and carried him over to me. I could tell Jared was a little nervous about jumping in Daddy mode right away but he did such a good job.







After the room was put back together and we were all nice and settled we told the families they could come back to the room. I swear it still feels like we were in a completely different room for those 2 hours but we never left. My Dr. was amazing the whole day. She came in and checked on me multiple times and was there with us for the majority of the 2 hours. The nurses were amazing too. I couldn't have asked for anything better.











Mr. Knox is such a sweet baby and fits perfectly into our family. He's so lucky to have so many people who love him so much.


Knox Waylon- April 26, 2014- 6:36 pm- 8 lb 12 oz- 20.5 in

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...