Monday, June 4, 2012

Memorial Weekend


Hope you all had a great Memorial Weekend!  We sure did!

Memorial Weekend means Polka Fest around here...and we all had a great time!

We started off our Friday going to Austin’s play.  I took lots of pictures so I will do a separate post about that.

Saturday we got up bright and early and headed to the parade downtown.  Heather had a booth selling her goodies and it was in a great location. So, we ended up sitting right in front of her booth.  The weather was perfect.

Adam had to work so it was just me and the kids.  We ended up staying the night at my parents house Friday night and went to the parade with them.  This year it felt like the longest parade ever!








Heather's booth turned out really cute and she sold just about everything she had. 




After the parade we visited with Heather for a little bit then headed to the hall for lunch…my favorite part!  We enjoyed a good lunch and listen to some polka music for a bit and then we called it a day.

Miss Aydrie was not having a good day. She cried during the parade and cried at the hall. So, we headed home and she was just as happy as could be about that.  We all ended up taking a nap which is very unusual.  I think we were all tired from staying up late the night before and then being in the heat and sun all morning.



Saturday night Austin had his play again and me and Ace met Heather and went to his play again.  I was really nervous about bringing Ace and how he would do but he did well. We had his juice and a snack and he was set.


Sunday we hung around the house most of the day and Adam and I went to the hall with my family.  We all had a good time and I only ended up getting one picture.  I was to busy talking and people watching.  Ha!


Monday we went to Adam’s parents and cooked and the kids got to swim for the first time this year.  Austin and Aydrie loved it as usual but Ace didn’t really like it.  Ace played outside of the pool forever until he fell and went into the water.  I then put him in the pool and he stood the whole time playing.  He would not sit down and would not let me sit him down.  I am hoping  this is only temporary and he starts liking the water.  We ended up having trouble at bath time later that night not sure if he was tired or if the fall into the little pool was still on his mind.




I just love long weekends! Hope you all had a great holiday weekend!

And just for fun you can click here to see what happened last Polka Fest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...