Thursday, May 31, 2012

Long Time, NO Blog....


Hello friends!


Back in September 2010, I created this little blog with this first post. My sister (Courtney) didn't even know what I had in mind, and wasn't sure she would EVER have any thing to post about. Little did we know that it would be her posting almost EVERY DAY and her little sister (the creator-ME) would get so busy and hardly ever log-in to our account. What a long way we have come since that first post!

 
It's been a CRAZY year for me! I have almost finished my first year of teaching.... 1 1/2 days left, have began a new adventure with my own little business, and attended my first "arts and crafts" festival and did AMAZING. With my summer fast approaching, I have a few goals that I want to accomplish. Maybe if I tell them to you all, I will most likely complete them.

 Goal #1.... to be a better blogger. I LOVE THE BLOG COMMUNITY and all of the support and kindness everyone has for each other. I miss reading all of my favorite blogs and posting my Show and Tell Monday's.


Goal #2... for my little business to grow and keep me busy! Court mentioned a few days ago that I would be sharing the details with you all. Here goes....

 
I have always loved taking an old piece of furniture and creating something beautiful out of it. There have been several Show and Tell Monday's that I have shared a furniture recreation with you all. With lots of help from my family I began looking for old pieces of furniture, signed up for my first "arts and crafts" festival, and worked my butt off repainting and refinishing.

I am so happy to introduce you to SHABBY PASSIONS.


The name came from my love of anything shabby looking and finally realizing that refinishing furniture is a passion of mine. The fabulous Tricia Nae designed everything on my website and even a business card for me! She is great to work with and also designed our blog site.

I hope that you will visit Shabby Passions often, I plan to have new items for sale soon and will always keep it updated.

I think I've said enough! I promise to post again soon.... Thanks for being such a great "family".

3 comments:

Brook said...

Congratulations on finishing your first year. We still go through next Thursday! Good luck on your new venture and I look forward to watching it grow.

Dianna said...

I clicked on the Shabby Passions link and it didn't work.

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks Dianna for letting me know! The link is working now ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...