Monday, March 19, 2012

Show and Tell Monday- Refinished

Hello all! I just wanted to take some time and show y'all my most recent furniture refinish. I am really considering refinishing every piece of furniture in my house, and maybe some extras to try and sell. I feel like recreating a piece of ugly to something pretty makes you love it even more! It can be such a process, but it is well worth it in the end.


These particular pieces were my Grandmother and Grandfather's bedroom suit. I claimed these a few months ago and finally got around to working on them.


In all it took me 2 weeks to get everything finished, thanks to the help of my Mom. Without her help it probably would have taken A LOT longer!


I was REALLY lucky when no one else wanted this bedroom suit and I decided that I would take it. It was the whole set and in PERFECT condition... 2 nightstands, headboard, dresser, and chest of drawers.


I sanded down the top of these all the way to the wood, just like I did when I refinished my COFFEE TABLE. Then used the same stain to re-stain the tops.


My Mom had an old gallon of paint laying around so I used it as my paint color for everything. It's called Cottage White.


Next, I sanded a few pieces to make it look a little more worn and used my Ralph Lauren glaze to dirty it up a bit. Sadly, I spilled the can in the process and wasted A LOT of glaze.


I am loving the way it turned out, and the fact that I got to redo our whole bedroom. New bedding and all!



Have a great week y'all! 


My entry into A Crafty Soiree sponsored by Appliances Online and the Bosch Washing Machines.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

LOVE! Great job on the re do!
xo~Amanda

Spittin-Toad said...

What a difference...nice job!!
Denise

Barbe @ Beez Rental Designs said...

Hi I'm a new follower! I love your finish on your furniture; especially love that headboard! Also love where you stopped on the stain for the tops, it made the design underneath stand out even more! I would love if you'd follow back and link this up to my Frugal Treasures Tuesday party going on now! : )

Elisa said...

I LOVE this makeover! Your set is almost exactly like my mom and dads...I have to go call her. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...