Monday, December 19, 2011

Show and Tell Monday - My Mantle

Last month Heather showed you her mantle my dad built for her.

If you missed it you can click here to see it.

I loved how it turned out and knew I had to have one too.


I however needed a full mantle.  I had a big wall that I needed to fill and this was perefect.

My dad came over one day and measured my wall and sketched out my mantle.

Sorry for the picture quality my dad sent me some and the others were taken with my phone.



Then he started to work on it right away.

I was so excited when he sent me this picture.

This was day one.


Day two.

And yeah he totally finished my mantle in TWO DAYS!!




It took me longer to paint it then it did for him to build it.

I painted it one weekend and the next weekend I glazed it.





I was so glad I got it in time for Christmas.

I am still trying things out but I like the way it came together.





Thanks for stopping by.

Linking here.


Photobucket

7 comments:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

I absolutely LOVE this!! Tried pinning it, but Pinterest is hating me at the moment. :) Thanks for sharing!!

Tricia Nae said...

So cute!! The hubs just built me a faux fireplace and we got it in this weekend. It's not quite this ornate...but I love having a mantle to decorate...FINALLY!

Shabbytochicdesigns said...

I love this! I really like the distressed look of it too. I have always wished I had a fireplace and mantel to hang my Christmas decorations.. I might need to convince someone to build something like this for me =)

Ashley H said...

Holy gorgeous! Your dad is amazing!

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks Ashley! We sure think so. ;)

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks Everyone!

Liz Calato said...

Can you clarify the dimensions? It's 48 1/4" wide and 2 1/4 feet deep?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...