Monday, December 5, 2011

DIY Mesh Wreath

I have been seeing these mesh wreaths every where and even pinned a few on Pinterest.




I finally decided to make me one since I would never pay the price they sell for.

I got my supplies at Hobby Lobby and everything was half off, which was great!

My SIL had some mesh left over from her wreath so I was lucky and got to have red and green stirpped mesh in my wreath to.




I really had no idea where to began.

I watched some videos on YouTube that helped a little.

I started with my red and green stripped mesh.

Don't ask me why I started in the middle??



I then took my plain red mesh and wrapped it around the outside.

Again, I have no idea why?

I then added my green mesh to.






I felt like it needed some more color so I added some red and green polka dot ribbon. 

I also added some red and green ornaments that I had and some little glitters swirl things I had in my Christmas decor.




I ended up with this little pretty.




I love the way my wreath turned out and I really can't believe I made it!

It did take me a while to make because I like for everything to be perfect so I did take the mesh on and off a couple of times.

I still find myself adjusting it and I am thinking I need to add a piece of ribbon in one spot but I haven't yet. I may be a little OCD.

I was going to hang my wreath on my front porch but decided it was to pretty to be outside.

So, it is now hanging above my faux mantle my dad made me.

I will be sharing my mantle soon. It turned out great!

Linnking here.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jerri said...

I love this wreath! All the different materials go so well together!

I'd love for you to come by and link up at my Friday Favorites party!

Liz @ thequickjourney.blogspot.com said...

That is beautiful and so festive!!! I have seen these around, too, and I loved them! Please come link up to Find YOur Craft Friday!!!

http://thequickjourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/find-your-craft-friday-features-and.html

Mandy @ Sugar Bee Crafts said...

Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - you were featured today!! --Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...