Monday, November 28, 2011

Yummy Crock-Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup


Happy Monday!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

This is one of my newest recipes that came about during an experiment. It is now my FAVORITE thing to make because it is so easy, simple, and delicious.

Place 3 or 4 chicken breast in a crock-pot and cover with your favorite jar of salsa. Depending on how much time you have, cook your chicken on high for 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours.

About an hour before the chicken is finished, I take some forks to it and shred all of it to let it soak up all the juices. You'll be able to tell if the chicken is ready by the way it shreds. It should shred with no problems or trouble.


An hour later, pop open your cans, pour them in, and give it a little stir....

1 can rotel with green chili's
1 can Swanson's Chicken Broth
2 cans condensed Cream of Chicken soup
2 cans Southwestern Corn
1 can of water
I always add some Cumin, Ground Red Pepper, and a little salt and pepper. {I don't measure these, just sprinkle to your hearts content}


I let that cook on high until it's all blended together well, and bubbling a little, then it's eatin time!


I like to add cheese, avocado, and some tortilla strips to my soup.


For the tortilla strips, you could just break up a few tortilla chips OR you could make your own. I use a pizza wheel to cut 1 to 2 tortillas in small strips and then bake them on 350 until crispy and golden brown.


 One of my crock pot secrets are crock-pot liners. They make cleaning that huge bowl so super easy! So be sure to place your liner in the crock-pot before your chicken. When you are done cooking, simply throw the liner away and put your crock-pot up!



Linking here.
Photobucket

1 comment:

The Crazy Lady said...

I came across this recipe on pinterest, or should I say my 13 year old son was looking over my shoulder and saw the pict and immediately said make that one. Well I am at the last step of letting the flavors marinade on high in the crock and I already know this is my new "go-to" chicken tortilla soup recipe. It is so delicious and I love the creaminess. I only used one can of corn because I do plan on adding some cooked rice at the very end, I am feeding a husband and 2 teenage boys...I have to cook with substance to feel these men-LOL. Thanks so much for the great recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...