Monday, November 7, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Pinterest Inspiration

I'm sure most of you are as addicted to Pinterest as we are.... it's really an awesome place to find so many GREAT ideas!!

Our Dad is an AMAZING carpenter and can take a few pieces of wood and make just about anything out of it. We use our Pinterest board "Yep, Dad can build that!" to hold our ideas that keep him busy.

My latest idea was this pretty mantle.


Emily, over at Decor Chick, is always showing pictures of her pretty mantle. I love how big and chunky it is, but was never willing to pay the price for the real thing!

I showed Dad this picture, and he whipped my mantle together in about 2 hours! It probably took me longer to paint it, then it did for him to put it together.



I love the way it turned out! My paint is not as chippy as the original inspiration, but I may try to work on that a little bit!


Can't wait to show off more of our Dad's awesome talents!

Happy Monday to you all!

Linking Here!



Photobucket

2 comments:

La-Dee-da crafter said...

So so cute!!! I would love it if you linked this up to my blog link party on Thursday. The challenge is Thanksgiving and fall so this is perfect. You could win the top prize and great giveaway.
www.thecsiproject.com
We have a different challenge weekly so stop by and enter. Also, some great tutorials during the week.

Kimberly @ The Brown Eyes Have It said...

Beautiful!! And your decor is so cute, too. I really like the pumpkin picture, is it stitched?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...