Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Our First Thanksgiving

Sunday, we had our first Thanksgiving with my Dad's family.


It was our first Holiday with out our grandmother so it was kind of bitter sweet.  I so wish last Thanksgiving wasn't her last one with us.  We all missed her Sunday.

I look forward to many more Holiday's with my family.  I know that she would want us to keep the tradition going and keep coming together as a family on all Holidays.

It was kind of like she was there with us.

Our sister in law has her recipe for her pecan pie and brought two pies. The pecan pie was great!


Our cousin has her recipe for her homemade mac and cheese and she is now the queen of making her mac and cheese.

She actually took over the making of it a couple of years ago. As a kid mac and cheese was her favorite so...she is now in charge of it.


My dad is now making her stuffing and dressing.

It's nice to see that her recipes are still in the family.


Not sure what was wrong with me on Sunday...but I didn't get to many pictures.  I think between visiting with family, watching Aydrie, and chasing Ace around...I forgot to take pics. Ha!


We all enjoyed visiting and eating some good food.  The weather was nice for the most part, we were able to sit outside for a while.  It started to rain and a cold front came through at the end of the day. 






We had another great Thanksgiving and I look forward to the others. 

Just for fun you can go here to see last years.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Katy @ Live Laugh Love Craft said...

Beautiful pictures. :)

Do you think you could post the recipe for that mac n cheese? It looks SO good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...