Monday, October 10, 2011

Sock Monkey Party

I had a lot of fun planning Ace's 1st Birthday Party.


 We started out with these cute invitations.



I got lots of help from my mom and sister.

My parents were nice once again and let us have Ace's party at their house.  They have a lot of space at their house and we had a lot of family and friends that came and celebrated with us so their space was perfect.

We had the party at 5:00 so we had BBQ sandwiches, potato salad, baked beans and of course cake!


I made this one out of cardboard and tissue paper. 

I had box I had been saving and just drew a one on it and cut it out then glued red tissue paper to it.  Austin helped me with this project.

I then taped some brown ribbon to the back and hung it on the door.

Super easy, cute and cheap!




I though about this table for weeks and I think it all came together nicely.



I bought monthly stickers and we took Ace's picture each month, so I wanted to display them at the party.

I had picked up some red and white polka dot ribbon and clothes pins and I had in mind something like this but couldn't figure it out.  Luckily, Heather came up with this nice little set up.

We taped his monthly pictures to the decorative paper that came in the party package I bought and then hung them on the ribbon.



My favorite party was the cake and cookies.

I had the cookies and cake made by a local girl.  She is so good!

I wanted to have the cookies made because she makes the cutest cookies. So, I just had her make the cookies and smash cake for Ace and I made cupcakes, which was perfect because the party package I bought had cupcake toppers.


Aren't these just the cutest cookies!

They were almost to cute to eat.

  



And we also had the party treats for the guest to take home and some little chocolate candy.

 

We just wrapped some Hershey's miniature chocolate bars and wrapped them in these cute wrappers.



The birthday boy had is own special birthday chair.



I used Heather's wagon to hold Ace's gifts. I just wish I would have gotten a better picture of it.

We had these balloons around the house.


I didn't have room for the cookies on the cake table so we had another table for the cookies and drinks.

I also decided to put the silverware and plates on this table. 


I wrapped the silverware in red napkins and tied them up and used the cupcake toppers as tags.


We turned these bottles into some cute decor with these cute water bottle wrappers.


I saw these paper straws on etsy and just had to have some.

I ordered the red and white and put these little tags on them and put them in a mason jar.


Even though it was a lot to do I love how everything turned out.


Ace's Birthday Shirt - MAKMAYDESIGNS
Sock Monkey Hat - koobearkreations 
Invitation - CupcakeExpress 
Paper Straws - DimeStoreBuddy 
Party Decor - CupcakeExpress 

Ashley at CupcakeExpress was so nice to work with. She created all the decor I used for Ace's party. I printed everything out and made everything myself.
She has lots of party packages to choose from if you are planning a party check her out.  You can also visit her blog here.



Linking here and here.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

Oh my gosh! I love this. Awesome sock monkey ideas! Hope the party was great!

Come see me sometime at http://www.willcookforsmiles.com/

Jesse and Jennifer Kuehnhold said...

where did you get your cute invitation. I thought it was ironic because my son's name is Ace and he's turning one and I"m doing a sock monkey themed party. Love your invitation.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...