Monday, October 24, 2011

Show and Tell Monday Sofa Table Up-Do

Last Thursday I mentioned I spent the weekend painting....this is one of the pieces I was working on.

When my Grandmother (Baba) past away a couple of years ago I inherited this pretty sofa table.

I have always wanted a sofa table and this one was perfect!

It sat out in storage for a little while and ended up with a couple of water stains but I didn't care...I knew a little paint could fix that.



I hate to admit but this table has been in our house for a while now...water stains and all.

Last weekend I finally got a chance to make it all pretty again.

A couple of coats of paint, some Ralph Lauren Faux Glaze, and some steel wool did the trick.



I sanded it a little, painted it turquoise, let it dry, and then put the glaze on it and wiped the glaze off with the steel wool. 

I love how it turned out.




When we put on the glaze and wiped it off with the steel wool it pulled some of the turquoise paint off.

I wasn't sure if I liked it or not but I soon found myself trying to pull off the turquoise paint in other places too.

{click pic to make it bigger}


I loved how it turned out and I wish I could see it from my couch!


I love that this is the first thing I see when I walk in my house...makes me think of my sweet Grandmother every day. :)

I have a feeling this will not be the only thing I paint turquoise. ;)


Linking here and here  and here this week.


Thanks for stopping by!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Tatum @ Many Moments Of Me said...

What a great look!! The decor works perfectly on it!

Sara said...

I would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-10.html

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This is so pretty! Looks great!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...

You did an amazing job!! I love the color and it is decorated so nicely!!

Sassy Sites! said...

I LOVE THIS! You did a FABulous makeover on your table. I love the turquoise!! Thanks for linking up to Sassy Sites FFA party! Have a wonderful Halloween weekend! XOXO!!

Marni @ Sassy Sites!

A Vintage Green said...

Your coffee table turned out so well - and now its a great piece to decorate. Love the way you 'dressed' it.
- Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...