Monday, October 3, 2011

DIY Party Treats

Happy Monday!! 

We had a fun and busy weekend.

We had Ace's 1st Birthday Party Saturday and everything turned out perfect. I will share more later this week.

I feel kinda silly for posting these because they were so easy but they turned out so cute I had to share.  I wanted to do a candy table but then I also wanted to use mason jars so this is what I came up with.


I bought these mason jars at Walmart for $5.50, 12 came in the box. I ended up buying 2 boxes and then went to the Dollar Tree and got some candy.  Did you know the Dollar Tree has the good candy and it's only a $1?!?!


I then took some decorative paper and covered the metal lid, put a "Thank You" tag on the top and put a sticker on the jar.



We then filled the mason jars with lots of candy and we even had a little help from the birthday boy!


We put our "Thank You" treats in a basket for the guest to take home. I also added a couple of pictures of the birthday boy helping out along with a little note.


I loved how these party treats turned out and they were all gone by the end of the party which was great because I didn't need to bring any of the candy home with me.

Linking here and here.
Photobucket




4 comments:

Creative Raisins said...

Such a cute and inexpensive idea. I love this.

Connie the crafterbug said...

Wow,what an awesome idea! I love all the monkey decor.
Connie

Joni Nickrent said...

Fun Share...gotta love a sock monkey party! Pop Art Minis

Vicky said...

What a great party idea. Such a cute theme. What kid doesn't love monkeys? I am a new follower from The Shabby Nest. Vicky from www.messforless.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...