Monday, June 13, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Grandma's Bench

A few FRIDAY'S ago, I shared a picture of my Grandmother's bench that she let me have.




I have finished it, and my front porch is finally looking put together. 


I started by sanding it down, and giving it a coat of spray paint. I had a brown color laying around, so I started spraying. It only took one coat and a few hours to dry. Super easy! 




Sat her down in her new home, and she is looking so pretty! I eventually plan on sanding down the edges, just to make it look a little worn. 




I also had an old rusty chair, that I had planned on painting, but decided not too. I kind of like the look of it, after I rinsed it off a bit. I finally have a nice front porch instead of the junky home to my cats that it was before. 




Every time I sit on this bench, I will think of my sweet Grandma.


Linking HERE!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Stephanie Hillberry said...

What a charming upgrade. And I really like the family story that goes along with it. I have a few objects that I've inherited from my family and I love the way they make me think about heritage and family. Thanks for sharing!

Warmly,
Stephanie from Deviantly Domesticated

elizabeth said...

That bench is darling!!!!

D+B said...

Super Cute blog!! :) I am your newest follower! I will definitely be keeping an eye on your blog to learn new things!! If you would like to take a look at my blog that would be wonderful and follow me back! For-The-Luv-Of.blogspot.com Look out for some giveaways also like mineral make-up. I am new to this but excited to share ideas on yummy food!
Thanks,
Brooke

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...

Great job! I love the bench and your blog. I'm a new follower:)

A Few Pennies said...

ahh--love the summer-time look of your bench. So sweet with those fresh looking pillows!

The Cannary's said...

Very vintage and sweet! And so nice that you did not paint it a crazy color. Brown is nice - you can always change up the pillows that way. I think I need one of these!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...