Monday, June 20, 2011

Show and Tell Monday - Layered Flower Hat


I have been looking at these hats on ETSY for forever now and I finally decided to try and make one.  And I am loving how it turned out!





You will need a hat, fabric, fabric glue, and a hot glue gun.  I found this hat at Wal Mart for $2.50.






For this hat I found a flower pattern I liked on line and then cut out my pattern. 





Once you have your flower pattern you will cut out the fabric.  I cut 7 flowers for this hat and a tiny cirlce for the middle of the flower. I also frayed the edges of the fabric a little.





Then you will start using your fabric glue and start gluing your fabric pieces together.




Once they are all glued together you will want to use the hot glue gun to attach your flower to your hat.  After I had my flower glued to my hat I felt like something was missing…so I added a little bling to it. 




This type of project is very hard for me because it take me forever to choose a color scheme and decide what fabrics to use. 

I have a bunch of fabric at home that I went through and finally decided on my color scheme. I loved how this hat turned out and plan on making more!


Photobucket

7 comments:

Jill said...

Great hat! So simple - but it looks really effective!

I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
Have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success

Lindsey Cortes said...

I really really like that hat! Its so cute and looks easy enough that even I wouldn't get discouraged!

Karen said...

Such a cute idea! Love how it turned out!!

CALEIGH CRANE said...

Thanks for sharing! That is so cute...

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks girls! It really is easy...I have already made some more which I will be showing Friday. Come back and ck them out!

Johnnie said...

Hi! Stopping by to invite you to link this up to Thrifty Thursdays. Blessings!

Johnnie

Gwen said...

Where did you get the flower template?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...