Monday, April 4, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- TV Stand DO-OVER

Ok, so a few weeks ago I told you about my BUSY WEEKEND working on some projects. Here is the before of my TV Stand DO-OVER.


I sprayed it with a few coats of primer....


Then, a few coats of spray paint...






I used the original knobs and just gave them a little face lift....


Next, I used Ralph Lauren Faux Glaze tinted with Black paint...


At first I glazed it really neatly and wiped off A LOT of the glaze, but then I decided I wanted it to look a little more distressed and dirty, so I glazed it again and didn't wipe off as much.


I like this look much better! 


My Dad helped me out by turning one of the drawers into a platform for us to place the TV on. When we got it all together and put the TV on it, it just didn't look right. So, we took the platform off and I like the look of it much better! Here is our finished TV stand.


Jared helped by making some holes in the back to put all of our cords through!


I love the way it turned out and am so happy with my $25 TV stand! I am now in love with Glaze and can't wait to find my next project!


Linking here!

Photobucket

18 comments:

miscellaneousme said...

LOVE how this turned out!

Great job!

Cara

http://miscellaneousme.wordpress.com

Hannah McConnell said...

This turned out beautifully!!
I love the details on the doors and drawer.
I'm following you from Tutorial Tuesday.
Please follow me at: www.daughterbydesign.blogspot.com

Shabby Soul said...

I love it! It looks so pretty! I am adding that glaze to my shopping list!

cade+sierra+averlin said...

AWW you are so lucky! I've been wanting to find one of these! Its so cute, I love the color your choice and the glaze!! So beautiful!
tatteredtoflattered.blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Very cute!! Loving the Ralph Lauren glaze you used....it really makes this piece!

http://ishouldbemoppingthefloor.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Looks awesome! Will be redoing my tv stand in the next month or so.

I found you through the Paisley Passions blog hop and am now your newest follower. Can't wait to explore your blog some more.

Would love if you'd return the love at www.decoratingdiy.blogspot.com

Kristen
Turning a House into a Home

LaKeta said...

You did an amazing job!!! Isn't it so fun and rewarding to accomplish something great for so little money?!?!? I am now following your blog...come check mine out... 1luckeegirl.blogspot.com


LaKeta

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Gorgeous! :-)

Karen said...

That looks amazing, I love the details on the doors. It looks like a totally different piece with your paint treatment. I'm visiting from Tran. Thursday and am a new follower.

Amy Gilman and Emily Lee (Sisters of the Wild West) said...

I love how this turned out. GREAT JOB. We are new followers.
We are sister bloggers too.
www.SistersoftheWildWest.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Now THAT is a transformation! Lovin' your blog and looking forward to following you both. Stop by for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

Kim @ A Brush of Whimsy said...

Stunning! I love how it turned out!

Katie said...

That's awesome!! I love how you converted the drawer! I've been trying to find a good project like that for my hubby's mancave! I love it!

Allison@FabRehab said...

Excuse me while I wipe the drool from my chin! That is to die for!!

My House of L said...

Looks great!

Terry said...

How pretty! It looks like something brand new now and I'm sure you'll love it for years to come..stop over and join my linky party - great project!

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks ladies! I am loving it and cannot wait to show you my next glazed project! ;)

Spunky Junky said...

Wow! I love the transformation! I am featuring you tonight on SJ!

xoxo
Halz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...