Monday, April 11, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Lamp Makeover

Remember when I gave you a sneak peak of these babies?



I painted the bases with white spray paint. 


Then, bought 2 lampshades from Target, and created the fabric flowers with the help of my Big Sis.


I'm in the progress of converting Jared's bachelor bedroom into our bedroom. I don't want anything to girly or too boyish... I'm trying to find just the right balance and want it to be a relaxing, cozy, retreat, for the both of us! 


There is not a lot I can do with the wood paneling on the walls. I've already painted one room that was covered in paneling and it was a NIGHTMARE, so I will not be taking on that task again.


BUT.... I think these lamps add a nice little touch to the room and brighten it a bit!



Linking here....
Photobucket

9 comments:

Laurel said...

Really fun...I have a lamp that I've been thinking about adding flowers to but couldn't figure out where to postion the flowers on the shade. Yours look great right through the middle...thanks :) Laurel@chippingwithcharm

Karen said...

Wow, those turned out so cute! I love the rosette's and the color you sprayed them is great! Would love you to stop by:
www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

Raynata said...

Cute idea! I don't think my flowers would be that pretty, so I might have to go with a different design. I have three older sisters myself - 11, 8, & 6 years my senior! They can drive me crazy but I love them. Newest follower!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

these are cute! i love making fabric rosettes :) beautiful bedroom by the way!!!

I'd love for you to link this up to my link party, Your Whims Wednesday! http://mygirlishwhims.blogspot.com/2011/04/your-whims-wednesday-2-and-features.html

Paige said...

Love love these, well done. You have inspired me this morning, thank you. I know i am a stranger but thanks for sharing.

Lorie said...

I love the fabric flowers!! Thanks for linking up!

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

Very cute, did you stick them down with hot glue?

karingbear said...

Wow! Wow! It's amazing what a can of spray paint can do. These are fantastic!!! You have inspired me to try this. Thanks

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks girls!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...