Monday, April 18, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Burlap Yard Flag

This was super easy and fun to make! I could go on and on about my love for all things burlap, but I'll just give you the run down of my new BURLAP YARD FLAG.


To start, I got out my burlap and used a Christmas yard flag to determine what size to cut it. I added about 3 inches to the height, to leave enough to fold over and make a place for the flag to hang. I just used my hot glue gun to keep the fold in place.


Next, I traced a N. I drew mine free hand on paper, then cut it out and traced it onto the burlap using a dark colored marker.


Now the fun part! Paint your letter... I used "Grass Green" outdoor acrylic paint.


And last but certainly not least, hang your pretty creation for all of your neighbors to see. You have a one of a kind custom creation to greet you and your guests everytime you come home!


Linking here...
Photobucket

7 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I love your burlap flag. I would love to make one for my yard as well and thanks for the inspiration!

I have a weekly linky party called Terrific Under Ten Tuesdays. It's for projects made for $10 or less. I would love for you to link up sometime!

Nancy said...

Very cute idea! I like the rustic nature of burlap.

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks girls!

Brittany said...

Cute idea! I love the burlap! I really need a new flag for spring and summer and this would be perfect! Thanks for sharing! :)

http://lifeofasoutherncouple.blogspot.com/

Megan said...

this is a great idea. I love the paint on the burlap!

megan
craftycpa.blogspot.com

Sassy Sites! said...

I featured this over at Sassy Sites! Thanks so much for linking up to our Sassy Summer party!! I love this!

http://sassysites.blogspot.com/2011/06/summertime-shout-outs.html

Don't forget to grab a button!
XOXO
Marni

Tina said...

This is so cute! I want to make one for my family! Our last name begins with 'Z' and can be difficult to find cute flags with our initial! :)

I'm a new follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...