Monday, March 7, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Burlap Panels

No-Sew Burlap Panels

As you already know.... I have a love affair with burlap. My crush started when my SIL made burlap curtains for Miss Lillie's room. I decided I had to have my very own curtains. I have 3 windows like the one pictured below and I wanted 2 floor length panels for each window. So I got to work creating my NO-SEW Burlap Panels!


Ok, what you will need is:
an iron
an old towel
old washcloth
stitchery witchery {you can find at Wal-Mart or any craft store} 
burlap
scissors
measuring tape

I started by laying my burlap on the floor and making about a 2 inch fold for the top of the panel.


Next, roll out your stitchery witchery and place it under the fold. Follow the directions on the stitchery witchery and iron using a damp washcloth.


After you have finished the top of your panel, measure how long you want it to hang and add about 3 inches to that. You will need to cut your burlap to that length. For the bottom, repeat these steps but make your fold according to how many inches you added for the length.


I made 6 panels, so I repeated all of this 6 times.... it was well worth it! I now have AWESOME burlap curtains that I LOVE!
 

You will probably have to iron your burlap so that all of the folds and wrinkles come out. I also used used clips on the back to get mine to hang the way I wanted them to. If you leave them clipped for just a few days, they will hang that way forever.

This was so easy! I never thought I could make curtains, but if I can do it anyone can! Aren't they great?

Linking here this week!
Photobucket

17 comments:

Jen-CraftOManiac said...

WELL DONE LOVE THEM, AND LOVE BURLAP PROJECTS TOO. winks- jen

.Amelia.Bedelia. said...

Ohh my! They look absolutely fabulous!
Great project ladies!

http://amy-showalter.blogspot.com

.Amelia.Bedelia. said...

p.s. I'm so to have found your blog through TM, I'm your newest follower! ;)

Wendy@project-create.blogspot.com said...

Love the simplicity, this is my kind of project. May have to try these in my kitchen!

Judy said...

Those look pretty amazing. I am hosting a link party that opens tonight at 8pm EST. Hope you drop by and join in the fun. This would be a great post to link.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Awesome idea and they look outstanding!

Blessings,
Linda

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Looks great! I love anything made from burlap, great job!

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks everyone!!!

Tara Beaulieu said...

This is great! I made some no-sew burlap stockings for Christmas, stitch witchery is a fabulous thing isn't it?!

Visiting today from Thrilling Thursday at Paisley Passions!

wonderfullydomestic said...

These are so fab, they might actually make me change my mind about burlap! Well done :)

Trisha @ The Sweet Survival said...

Gorgeous! I love burlap!

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

Those finish off the window so well! And I'm totally going to take you at your word that if you can do it, anyone can, because I'm going to give it a try. :-) Thanks for linking up!

angelfitch said...

We just finished hanging curtains this weekend, too! I love your final product!
~Terry
http://mossandclover.blogspot.com/2011/03/1-curtain-2-curtain-3-curtain-4.html

Spunky Junky said...

Love them! Great Job! I featured you (again) ha! on SJ!

xoxo
Halsey

Carol said...

Love!! I am "sew" doing this. ;) Thanks.

c.w.frosting said...

Great crisp-looking burlap! Nice work! Visiting from Sisters of the WWW.

-caroline @ c.w.frosting

Patsy said...

I love your burlap curtains. Please explain what you meant by this statement in your instructions.

"I also used used clips on the back to get mine to hang the way I wanted them to."

Thanks so much.

Patsy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...