Monday, March 28, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Moss Initial

Just in time for Spring!


I found this cute idea on a linky party back at the end of February. It seemed to be perfect with spring right around the corner, and I just HAD to have one for myself. {I decided I would save a step and make my mom and sister one while I was at it. Needless to say... they were VERY excited!} This is a pretty basic, easy, self-explanatory project, but I'll give you the run down anyways!



All you need is a foam board, a few packages of moss, hot glue gun, LOTS of glue sticks, a good knife, and something to hang it with.

 

Start by drawing and cutting out your letter. Your letter doesn't have to be EXACTLY perfect. Once it gets covered with the moss, you won't be able to see the MINOR imperfections.



Once your letter is cut, you’re ready to start gluing the moss. This step is VERY messy, but THANK GOODNESS for vacuums. I only glued the moss to the front of my letter. You can choose to cover the back and sides if you want.


When your letter is covered, you are DONE! Find something to hang it up with {I used left over burlap, from my curtains and wreath} and you have yourself new spring/summer door decor!


One piece of advice I can give you is try your local Hobby Lobby for something called "Reindeer Moss" I've seen things done with that and it is a lot greener and prettier. I used Moss from Wal-Mart and it's not exactly what I wanted it to be, but it is still fabulous!


Doesn't it just make you LOVE spring and summertime?


Linking here.... as always! 


Photobucket

4 comments:

Erin W said...

LOVE! Going to make a few tomorrow! So excited!!!
Ps. If you have The Dollar Tree around you, they have Reindeer Moss. A large bag for $1.

THanks again for sharing. This is GREATNESS!

Brianne said...

love this idea

emilysnan said...

hiya , great idea and tutorial , tfs , i am visiting from someday crafts and am your newest follower maybe you will pop by mine and follow too
www.emilysnan.blogspot.com
xmaggiex

Nicolette @ Momnivore's Dilemma said...

Just saw this in the Pottery Barn catalog. Why would anyone buy that when we could all just knock-it-off???

Thanks for posting this. I have an "L" that could use some moss for my kitchen door...


I'd LOVE if you could share this with my readers tonight @Creative Juice Thursday. Party starts @ 7pm CST. Get your crafting shoes on. Hope to see you there...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...