Monday, February 28, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- DIY Necklace


This is a very easy and super cute necklace.  I saw a tutorial for it here and thought I would try this out myself. 

I am very proud to say I did this all by myself...usually Heather and I get together and craft but this was done all by me! And BELIEVE me if I can do this YOU can to!


You will need the following.

Glue - Felt - Chain/Necklace - Fabric


I would also recommend this fabric glue. This glue holds very well. It is so easy to use and you will save your little fingers from getting burned by that nasty hot glue gun. I only used the glue gun at the very end.


You will start of by cutting your fabric and felt.  

For one pom-pom you will need about 30 one inch fabric circles and 1 one inch felt circle.  You can use more or less fabric circles depending on how thick you want your pom-pom.

TIP- if you have an empty gallon of water/milk take off the top and the top is 1 inch.  I used that to trace my circles.



Once you have your circles cut out you will want to start putting the fabric pieces on the felt.  Scrunch the little circle in the middle like below and start gluing on the felt.



It makes it easy to start in the middle and then add from there.  You can add as much or little as you want depending on how full you want your pom-pom.



Once you are done scrunching and gluing you will have a pretty pom-pom.




For this necklace I made three pom-pom's. Next you will glue your pom-poms to the felt and cut around the pom-poms.




Now you will add the pom-pom's to your chain/necklace. I placed my pom-poms face down and lined the chain up the way I wanted it and glued.  Then I had another piece of felt ready and placed it on top of my necklace to hide the chain.


You will end up with this super cute necklace!




When you get done making your cute and fabulous necklace wear it proud!  I sure do!


I am thinking I need one in every color/length! When I make some more I will be sure to share.  If you decide to make one I would love to see it.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Hope you have a fabulous week!

Linking here.

A little good news... last week's Show and Tell Monday has been featured over at Spunky Junky. Check it out if you missed it!
Photobucket

11 comments:

Clydia said...

This is so cute! This will be the best mother/daughter craft this weekend! Thanks for sharing!! xoxo

Maggie said...

Very cute! I made one like this with a purple, black, and white flower of different sizes. I love it! It's still lacking some sort of chain, though. Thanks for sharing your creation!

~Amanda said...

I am going to have to try one of this with Miss Mason, she loves to help do crafts. SO CUTE, way to go lady! I love it! :-)
~Amanda
www.livelaughlovetodecorate.blogspot.com

Trina said...

What a cute idea! I am going to try and do this sometime! Thanks for sharing!

Trina @ alove2create.blogspot.com

Lauren @ YoungNester said...

Love this necklace! Thanks for an awesome tutorial! I would love for you to link up to my Ten Buck Tuesday link parties!

And I'm a new follower :)

Heavenly Savings said...

I love crafty blogs! I can't get enough! This idea is wonderful! I’m a new follower Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop and take a look at my blog as well! Thanks!
http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

Kitty said...

Awesome necklace....I it looks great!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

This is adorable! I need to try this. Stopping by from TT&J

Rissa @ Hazel and Honeysuckle said...

I love it! Such a great idea, thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to link it up at my Fabric Flowers Link Party :D

Jamie said...

What a beautiful necklace. Thank you for sharing. Don't forget to join me for More The Merrier Monday and link up all of your great projects.


http://diyhshp.blogspot.com

It's a Crafty Life said...

So cute! And my head is already thinking of all the color combos I could do. :-) Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...