Monday, February 21, 2011

Show and Tell Monday- Burlap Wreath

We have decided that MONDAY'S will be "Show and Tell" day here at Peace, Love, 2 Sisters. Here's the latest "Show and Tell Monday" tutorial.

I've seen all things BURLAP going around in "Blog Land" lately, so of course I had to have a "Burlap something" too. I had a few windows that were in desperate need of curtains, and that's where my love affair with burlap began. I'll share that tutorial and the pictures soon. They turned out GREAT and were SUPER EASY! I had about a yard of burlap left over from the curtains, so I decided to make a Burlap Wreath.

It's the same process as the heart wreath that we shared with you guys a few weeks ago.



Again, for this wreath all you need is a wreath {shape of your choice}, pack of straight pins, and whatever fabric/material you choose to use.



I wrapped my wreath in some left over strips of burlap, just to cover the white, but you don't have to do this step.

I traced LOTS of circles using my "craft cup"... ha! {I call it this because Jared got home and wondered what I had done to his cup... It was covered in pen marks. I told him it was now my "craft cup."}


After I used ALL of my burlap, I cut my circles. Here's a TIP, leave your fabric folded in half, that way you cut 2 circles at one time... much faster!


Fold your circle in half, and then fold your semi-circle in half. Stick a pin through the folds and pin it to your wreath. If that was too confusing... check out the pictures on our Heart Wreath tutorial. After you have used all of your circles, you have a pretty burlap wreath.

Jared had some left over rope that I rescued before it was trashed, and it came in handy here. I used it to hang the wreath.


Burlap is one of my new favorite things. What do you think? Are you in love with burlap as much as I am? Courtney has requested a wreath ASAP!

Linking Here!
Photobucket

21 comments:

Jami said...

This is very cute. I love the neutral tones in burlap and this is a nice application of it.

aggieam01 said...

Cute, cute, cute! The texture is awesome. :)

Simply Domestic said...

Love it! I love burlap too! I love that you are 8 years apart and best friends. There is an 8 year gap between by 2nd and 3rd daughter. I hope they grow up to be best friends. Ya'll have a cute blog!

Courtney @ A Diamond in the Stuff said...

Love it! Would love to have you link up at my linky party, Time to Shine, tomorrow!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Very nice and so clever! Love the texture of this cool wreath.

Jordan said...

SO Cute Heather!! I might have to try this one too!! Are you going to post the tutorial for the burlap curtains??

Jen said...

Very cute! This is such a good everyday wreath!

~ Jen @ http://pinstripestopearls.blogspot.com/

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks everyone! It turned out great! Yes, we'll be posting the curtian tutorial too!

Jenn at Sweet T Makes Three said...

I love it! This would look awesome in our rustic home.
New blog hop follower
Sweet T Makes Three
Networked Blogs
Facebook
Twitter

Meg said...

So cute! I've seen this idea with pretty much everything--but never burlap! Love it!

Nancy ~ Inkcicles said...

Awesome project! Love the look!
:-)

Lori said...

I LOVE burlap too! Your wreath looks great! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @ Paisley Passions. Hope you stop by again soon!

Molly Hammond said...

your wreath looks great - so versatile!

threesisterz.blogspot.com

~Amanda said...

LOVE the wreath. Very cute ladies! I just may have to make one. Just what I need, another wreath in this house! Oh well, you can never have too many, right?! haha :-)
Take care~
Amanda

L.A. said...

Aren't those circles time consuming? So worth it! Great job.

Terry said...

Oh yes, this is gorgeous.

Reginia said...

Love this wreath. I think the burlap ones are my favorite!

Marina said...

I LOVE this! So cute! visiting from justsewsassy.com

MaryBerry Boutique said...

very pretty! i need one of these!

Lori said...

Turned out so great!!! I am loving all of the burlap wreaths I am seeing!!! Thanks for linking up to Thrilling Thursday @Paisley Passions. I am going to feature this tomorrow. Feel free to pop by and grab an "I Thrilled" featured button from my sidebar :)

Leslie Nash said...

I was looking for a simple yet clever wreath idea and found this one! It's incredibly awesome! I might be months late, but it's still fantastic! Thanks for sharing this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...