Monday, February 14, 2011

DIY Chalkboard Trays



Court and I have been wanting to make some chalkboards for a long time now. We finally decided to get this EASY project done one weekend. We were at ROSS and found this "let it snow" metal tray marked for $1.99 and couldn't pass it up. We found the other wood tray and paid $4.99 for it... WHAT A STEAL! We bought a small thing of Chalkboard paint, a pack of 4 sponge brushes for $1, and got to painting.


Now that I think about it, you could use any unwanted tray at your house for FREE.... too bad we didn't think of this before, but we only spent $7 on trays. Court's tray is EXTRA special because it's also magnetic! We need to find her some cute little magnets to stick on her tray.


Aydrie wanted to help before she went to bed!


While we were already painting, Courtney brought out these old pictures she had and we decided to paint them too.



We painted the glass with the chalkboard paint and the frame with plain black paint. 


Here are our finished Chalkboards all HOME SWEET HOME! We are so happy with how they turned out.



Linking HERE
Photobucket

12 comments:

Katie @ OhhBaby said...

Oh these look amazing! I really love chalkboard paint. I have been wanting to do a tray for a while! Thanks for sharing how it turned out!

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks Katie! They were so easy to make and so so cute!!

~Courtney~

Christine @ craftygeordi.blogspot.com said...

these are so cute! I have some chalkboard paint that I haven't had time to play with yet....feeling a little inspired now. I hope that you will link this up with my Show and Share linky party, going on all week. http://craftygeordi.blogspot.com/2011/02/show-and-share-sunday_13.html

Val @ It's Always Sunny in Somerville said...

These are so cute! I can't wait to try it. (I saw you on Someday Crafts)

Lindsey @ Inspiring Creations said...

those turned out great! Thanks for sharing!

Courtney and Heather said...

Thanks girls!

~Courtney~

Kim @ It's a Crafty Life said...

Very cute, and I think we all have some of these old trays laying around. Can't wait to try it. :-)

Kimmy said...

Super cute!! I love this! I'm a new follower, so glad I found your blog!

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

Great job on your chalkboards! I have had these on my list for awhile and one of these days will get around to making some. ;)

Jamie said...

i, I'm your newest follower. I have a couple t.v. trays that I was thinking about doing the same thing to. Thank you for sharing. I'm throwing my first link party Monday. It would be great if you could stop by and add your project. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

cade+sierra+averlin said...

Adorable! I love that the kids were able to make one too!
I need to make one of these! :)
www.tatteredtoflattered.blogspot.com

Lauren said...

What a great idea! These are super cute. I saw your link at It's a Crafty Life. I'm a brand new follower and can't wait to see what else you two have to post :) Great blog.

www.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...